We think that PTA’s across the UK are the best! They raise millions for their Primary Schools, Nurseries, Pre Schools and Playgroups all for free, all in their own time and all for the love of the school.
Class fundraising ideas are a really important part of this feature. Keeping things fresh and fun is the key, plus having something the children can get involved in is equally important.
Class Fundraising Ideas
We have some top tips on how our fundraisers have stood the test of time and in the last 4 years have helped schools raise over 4.5 million pounds.
The causes that schools have raised money for have included:-
New Playground Equipment
Plus many, many more.
The best School Fundraising Ideas
School Christmas Cards
The most popular yearly fundraiser. Something that has our schools coming back year after year. This is the ideal Christmas fundraiser because of the natural need for Christmas Cards during this time of year.
Everyone who receives a card that has been drawn by a loved one, is receiving a unique one-off which serves as a reminder in years to come.
What does this mean for my school I hear you ask?
1. Each child taking part gets to create their own unique drawing of whatever they like
2. Each child that submits a drawing gets a free sample card of their design
3. Parents can then order their child’s drawing as a pack of 12 professionally printed cards, complete with envelopes……but wait, it doesn’t stop there. They can also order the same design in packs of 11 gift tags, or have the design printed on a mug or fantastic full colour tea towel or bag!
4. With each sale the school profits. Christmas cards can make the school up to £2.00 per pack, gift tags 75p per pack and mugs up to £1.80 per mug sold.
5. Every order we take is backed up with superb customer service. For some of the comments from our customers in our recent survey see this blog post.
With the addition of the school Christmas cards that can be printed onto tea towels we have seen a 20% rise in the profits you can make for you school.
In a nut-shell our cards offer a great way to make a good return, with no minimum order, and no obligation for parents to order profits are maximised. In 2018 average returns for school were around £400-£500. More information on school Chrisitmas cards can be found here
Our highest earner managed to turn over more than £4000 in sales, resulting in profits for the school of over £2000! Just think what that could do for your school?
School Tea Towels
The concept of self portrait school tea towel really took off in the 1980’s. Since then there has been an estimated 20 million school tea towels printed. The technology may have moved on in the last 30 years but the simplicity and the concept remains the same.
Last year we serviced over 1000 schools. Providing them with everything they needed to create a piece of artwork once printed will bring delight to grandma’s across the land! In a recent Class Fundraising staff survey 75% of our parents have a tea towel tucked away in a drawer.
The tea towels benefit in many, many ways, please read on to discover what tea towels could do for you and your school:
1. Everyone can get involved, the whole school on one design, bringing everyone together in one masterpiece. They will become a treasured memento in years to come.
2. Easy and simple to complete – as with all of our amazing ideas we provide you (the fab PTA peeps) with everything you need to complete the project. Templates, drawing paper, pens, samples, instructions; its all in there!
3. The great price. From just £1.30 + VAT per tea towel they have the potential to make £1000’s we know of schools that have raised plenty of much need money from the sale of these simple tea towels.
4. Ethically sound – our tea towels are all manufactured in the UK. This means that there is full tractability. All of our inks are safe to use and are water based (no nasty chemicals).
Tea towels are ideal at anytime of the year, including Christmas (great for the school fair) Mothers Day, Easter, Fathers Day, End of Term and are a lovely touch for leaver gifts.
See our extensive information about school tea towels by visiting the tea towel page here
Bags of joy – in a similar vein to the tea towels, we also put the same spin on the Greener than Green delightful bags. What makes our bags extra special is the fact that they are all sewn after they have been printed, the traditional way to print bags is to print them on to made up pieces. Eco Bags are one of the best class fundraising Ideas!
Our unique method allow for both sides to be printed at no extra cost, with different images on each side, a groovy choice of handle colours and you can also have longer handles and gussets if required. More information can be found on the bags for life page
Amazing Aprons! Soon to be featured in our A-Z of fundraising, the aprons continue the same theme as our self portrait tea towels, and Eco bags. As a PTA fundraiser they make a great long lasting product that can be regularly washed without any problems. Like the tea towels we provide an art pack that has everything you could need
We use only the finest 100% cotton drill material perfectly stitched and finished in either Child size or the more common Adult standard. For more information see our aprons page
Each child taking part can produce a ‘wraparound’ mug, this means they can make use of the full mug and fill it with any drawing or message they like. Our mugs are a great fundraiser on Mothers Day and Fathers Day. They are also a super leavers gift, where each child sign their name or wish everyone good luck for the new school. All mugs complete with their own gift box. There is no limitation on colour or how many you want to get printed.
We offer 3 different types of fundraising mug:
1. Individual mug design.
Where each child does their own template and the design is printed on the mug.
2. Group mug design.
Where each child does a drawing and we incorporate on to one mug.
3. Logo mug design.
Print your school logo with a message – eg. 50 year anniversary.
Mugs are great and parents and love ones love them! So for more information read and for prices go to the school mugs page